Call everyone on your church membership list and invite them to the concert. You will catch all of the people who didn't come to coffee hour over the last 2 weeks.
2 weeks before the concert.
What you will need
- 6 volunteers
- church phone directory
- pizza, drinks and/or dessert
How to do it
- Gather the volunteers together at the church or at someone’s office where a number of phone lines are available. An evening is the best time to catch most people.
- Divide the telephone directory into 6 pieces. Give each volunteer the script and their portion of the directory.
- Order pizza or prepare dessert (or both).
- Set a time limit on how long everyone will phone.
6:00 pm - 6:45 pm telephone session
6:45 pm - 7:15 pm pizza break
7:15 pm - 8:00 pm telephone session
8:00 pm - dessert
Depending on the size of the congregation, you may need more volunteers or another night of phoning.
“Get the planning going well in advance”